Wednesday, April 2, 2014

9 weeks to go!!

On June 4, I leave to live in Burkina Faso for 2+ years.

Picture included in the Welcome Book I received.


So what does this mean? I muscled my way through Rosetta Stone exercises in UCSD's Language Lab. I watched all three seasons of Game of Thrones with French subtitles, which was totally awesome. But more recently, I have been watching Disney's Frozen, in French, on repeat.

Disney did such a great job with the French adaptation!

What do I still have left to do? A lot of hanging out with friends in San Diego for 6 more weeks before I head back to NorCal. Let's hang out!! I'm going to organize a SoCal get-together, so stay tuned.

I also have packing left to do. Yikes. I have consolidated the list of items Peace Corps recommends and I've added items recommended by current Burkina Faso volunteers.  My packing list is a whopping 3.5 pages on Google Docs. I get to bring 2 checked bags that are less than 50 lbs each. I also get to bring a carry-on and backpack. Sounds like a lot of space, but when you're packing for two years, it gets slightly overwhelming for an indecisive person. And I'm a light packer. So... I'll let you know how that goes. I'll post my packing list closer to departure.

Please check out the rest of my blog (About MeFAQs, etc) and let me know what you think. This is my first time exploring the blog world, so I have much to learn and appreciate your feedback!

I will do my best to post to Facebook each time I make a blog post, but if you'd like to subscribe via email, please enter your address in the box to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment